Volunteers of all ages are making a difference at Alamance Regional Medical Center. Every day, volunteers greet visitors, escort patients for discharge, provide directions, deliver patient mail and perform countless other tasks. The smiles, comfort and helping hands they offer to patients and families are a vital part of our organization. They also provide Med Alert services to the surrounding community and operate a courtesy car and gift shop on our main campus.
Our volunteers work through the Alamance Regional Medical Center Auxiliary. The auxiliary also raises funds to provide equipment that enhances patient care. During the last year, more than 400 adult and teen volunteers contributed 65,905 hours of service at Alamance Regional. If you would like to be a part of our volunteer team, please complete the appropriate application and return via mail or fax to Gina Blackwell, Director of Volunteer Services. Adult volunteer applications are accepted year round; teen volunteer applications are accepted in May. If you have questions or comments, please feel free to contact Gina at (336) 538-7545.
Teen Volunteer Requirements
To qualify as a teen volunteer you must:
- Be at least 14 years of age by September 1, 2013.
- Have at least a B average in school.
- Be willing to work a set schedule, volunteering for one 7.5-hour shift each week.
Our eight-week summer program begins Monday, June 17, 2013, and ends Friday, August 9, 2013. Every teen is expected to actively volunteer for at least five of the eight weeks. There are no exceptions!
If you have any questions, please call us at (336) 538-7545 during normal business hours.
How to Become a Teen Volunteer
You and a parent or guardian must attend one of our mandatory information sessions. No preregistration is necessary. If you do not attend one of our information sessions, you will not be eligible to become a summer teen volunteer. Our upcoming information sessions are scheduled:
- Wednesday, May 1, 2013, at 5:30 p.m., Grand Oaks classroom
- Thursday, May 2, 2013, at 5:30 p.m., Grand Oaks classroom
- Monday, May 6, 2013, at 5:30 p.m., Education Center
The Grand Oaks classroom is located on the first floor of the Grand Oaks building at 1238 Grand Oaks Boulevard, Burlington, NC 27215. The Education Center is located on the lower level of the main hospital at 1240 Huffman Mill Road, Burlington, NC 27215. You may enter through the Medical Mall entrance.
During our information sessions, we will share valuable information for prospective volunteers. Each teen volunteer candidate must bring the following paperwork to this session:
- A completed application.
- A copy of your immunization records.
- School transcript with at least a B average.
- A school picture (wallet size), snapshot or copy of driver's license.
- School recommendation/letter of reference (teacher, principal, guidance counselor, coach).
- Community recommendation/letter of reference (employer, youth leader, community leader).
Please bring copies that you will be able to leave with us. We will not be able to make copies of your documentation.
During the information session, we ask you to sign up for our Teen Orientation to be held on Saturday, June 1, 2013, 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. only. Orientation will be held in the Education Center located on the lower level of the main hospital. You may enter through the Medical Mall entrance. You must be present for this orientation in order to volunteer – no exceptions.
How to Become an Adult Volunteer
To apply for a volunteer position, download the appropriate application using the links below. Adult volunteers will also need to download and complete the background check form. Once you have downloaded, printed and completed the forms, you may return them to Gina Blackwell at the fax number or mailing address listed on the application, or you may bring them with you to the new volunteer information/orientation session.
Adult new volunteer information/orientation sessions are scheduled as follows:
- Monday, January 21, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Medical Arts 140
- Monday, February 18, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Medical Arts 140
- Monday, March 18, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 2nd floor classroom
- Monday, April 15, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Medical Arts 140
- Monday, May 20, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 2nd floor classroom
- Monday, June 17, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 2nd floor classroom
- Monday, July 15, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 2nd floor classroom
- Monday, August 19, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 2nd floor classroom
- Monday, September 16, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 2nd floor classroom
- Monday, October 21, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 2nd floor classroom
- Monday, November 18, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 2nd floor classroom
- Monday, December 16, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 2nd floor classroom
You may park in the Medical Mall parking lot and enter through the Medical Mall entrance. A volunteer will be glad to escort you to the classroom.
Please note: The information above does not apply to Elon University students. Elon students interested in volunteering should send an e-mail to: armcElonVolunteers@gmail.com.
Download Adult Volunteer Application
Download Background Check Authorization
Download Teen Volunteer Application