How AlaMAP Works:
- Once a referral is received, an enrollment application is mailed to the patient's home. This intake is used to determine eligibility for AlaMAP.
- Once the intake is returned, if the person is eligible, they are placed on the waiting list.
- Once enrolled, an initial visit will be scheduled.
- The following items should be brought to the initial visit:
- Proof of income for patient and others in their household (examples are Social Security statement, pension statement, bank statement, last tax return).
- All medications.
- List of allergies to any medications.
- Insurance information.
- Applications for up to five medications will be signed by the patient and the doctor
- Completed applications are mailed to the pharmaceutical manufacturer program.
- Medications are shipped to the AlaMAP pharmacy.
- Patient is called to pick up medicines and counseled on the medication at the visit.
- Medications are reordered regularly.
- All patients receive a thorough medication assessment by a clinical pharmacist every six months.
In case of other medication access needs, AlaMAP personnel have a list of other resources in the community.
Some downloads located on this site require the Adobe Acrobat Reader Plugin. To download the Acrobat Reader plugin, click here.