Board-certified cardiologists provide advanced diagnostic and treatment procedures in Alamance Regional’s state-of-the-art Cardiac Catheterization Lab, allowing individualized and minimally invasive treatment for heart disease. Our caring, highly trained physicians and other medical staff are able to provide a wide array of treatments here in our community.
Heart procedures performed at Alamance Regional include:
- Cardiac catheterization
- Emergency and elective coronary angioplasty and stent placement, including the use of drug-eluting stents, to open up blocked vessels in the heart and help keep them open
- Implantation of cardioverter defibrillators, devices that automatically detect and treat arrhythmia, reducing the risk of sudden cardiac death
- Implantation of pacemakers
Frequently Asked Questions
Seeing inside the heart
Alamance Regional has state-of-the-art cardiac imaging equipment and testing technology that allows your physician to better diagnose, evaluate and treat a variety of heart conditions. These capabilities include:
- Intravascular ultrasound, used for some patients during catheterization to better define and measure a blockage.
- Stress tests and nuclear stress tests