Our cancer center's quality and innovation have been recognized by leading healthcare accreditation agencies. Those recognitions include:
- Commendation from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer. This award is granted to selected cancer programs that exceed the standards in some of the 36 quality measures required for accreditation.
- Accreditation from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer. This accreditation, held by just one in four hospitals, requires on-site surveys every three years to maintain. Alamance Regional has held this accreditation since 1989.
- Recognition from the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®). Alamance Regional was one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized under this voluntary program. This program certifies that our oncology practice maintains rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care and meets 80 evidence-based quality measures.
Network of Care
When faced with cancer, you can count on the more than 1,000 Cone Health medical professionals that are experienced and specialized in oncology services. The Cone Health Cancer Center at Alamance Regional is part of this network of cancer care services.
To stay on the leading edge of treatment innovations, we maintain affiliations with several university medical centers and national and regional research groups that coordinate clinical trials.
These partnerships enable our experienced team to stay abreast of the latest breaking developments in cancer care and allow our patients access to more clinical trials.
Alamance Regional’s clinical cancer affiliations include:
- Duke Oncology Network
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Cancer Program
- Gynecological Oncology Group (GOG)
- National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP)
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG)
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG)
- Cancer and Leukemia Group B. Trials (CALGB)
- North Central Cancer Treatment Group (NCCTG)
- International Breast Cancer Study Group (IBCSG)
- Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG)