The Cone Health Cancer Center at Alamance Regional cancer team is backed by highly sophisticated technology. From diagnosis and treatment planning to treatment options, we bring our patients innovative technology that offers convenient, local access to the level of care found in major university medical centers.
A few of the ways we are using this advanced technology include:
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy This sophisticated treatment allows for very precise, almost surgical outcomes for patients.
- A PET/CT scanner creates detailed images that are used for cancer diagnosis, tumor staging and treatment planning.
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy with CT Imaging delivers precise radiation that spares more healthy tissue and reduces side effects, while also delivering higher doses to the tumor. The CT scan feature allows radiation beams to be readjusted within millimeters as tumors shrink or shift.
- PROVENGE Immunotherapy Alamance Regional was the first hospital in the Triad to administer this type of therapy for advanced prostate cancer. This groundbreaking treatment stimulates a patient’s immune system to identify and target prostate cancer cells.
- Implantable Low-dose Radiation Therapy
- Mammosite™ Technology Alamance Regional is a state leader in the use of this treatment of breast cancer. With Mammosite and other high dose radiation technologies, we’re able to deliver radiation directly into the tumor, drastically reducing treatment time while effectively treating cancer.