Cone Health Cancer Center at Alamance Regional
Care for all stages of your treatment
Alamance Regional’s new 44,000-square-foot cancer center is designed to enhance privacy and comfort for cancer patients and their families, while also providing additional resources to help our oncologists, surgeons and other medical professionals provide the best possible care.
This two-story treatment center is designed to bring abundant natural light indoors and provide the optimal healing environment for patients. It includes:
- A boutique that provides wigs, prostheses and other items to help cancer patients manage the side effects of treatment.
- A family lounge with Internet access and a café serving coffee and smoothies.
- A family resource center.
- Dedicated space for community education and support groups.
- Outside, new green space will provide a walking area and a healing garden in a peaceful courtyard.
- The radiation treatment area in the new cancer center has been expanded. A skylight nature scene provides soothing ambiance for patients receiving radiation therapy.
- A larger chemotherapy treatment area includes options for small group treatment, private treatment bays, and rooms with beds.
- Twenty large exam rooms are designed to allow more space for family members who may accompany patients.
- On-site labs allow doctors to get most test results back in 15-30 minutes.