Alamance Regional supports and partners with several nonprofit community organizations to improve community health and provide access to quality health care for those with limited financial resources. Our community partners include:
Alamance Cares is a nonprofit agency focused on stopping the spread of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases through awareness, education, and testing in Alamance and surrounding North Carolina counties. There are no eligibility requirements for Alamance Cares programs.
- Free syphilis, hepatitis C and HIV testing on the first Monday of each month from 1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m. at our Burlington office. HIV results are available in 20 minutes, results for hepatitis C and syphilis in seven days.
- Walk-in, needle-free HIV testing every Tuesday from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- HIV, hepatitis C and syphilis testing by appointment.
Contact Alamance Cares:
3025 S. Church St., Burlington NC 27215
Alamance Cares website
Alamance Eldercare is a nonprofit agency with a staff of professional social workers to help seniors (60 or older) and caregivers identify and find the help they need. Services include:
- Needs assessment
- Resources referral
- Case management
- Ongoing support for seniors and caregivers
Contact Alamance ElderCare:
3019 S. Church St., Burlington NC 27215
Alamance ElderCare website
Alamance Network for Inclusive Health Care
The Alamance Network for Inclusive Health Care brings together agencies within the community who provide care to low-income, uninsured, and vulnerable populations. As a group, we seek to improve the health of our uninsured or underinsured residents. Through a collaborative effort, we work to minimize barriers that inhibit access to comprehensive, quality health care services.
A few of the issues that we work on include:
- Access to high quality, affordable primary care
- Reducing non-emergent visits to the Emergency Department
- Strong and reliable public transit
- Access to high quality, affordable dental services
- Health promotion and education
- Affordable Care Act outreach and enrollment
Alamance Network for Inclusive Health Care brings together the following partners:
- Cone Health Alamance Regional
- Piedmont Health Services
- The Open Door Clinic of Alamance County
- Alamance Cares
- The Alamance County Health Department
- Alamance County Children’s Dental Clinic
- Hospice & Palliative Care Center of Alamance-Caswell
- Medication Management Clinic
- Cardinal Innovations Healthcare
- Healthy Alamance
1225 Huffman Mill Rd, Suite 204
Burlington, NC 27215
Charles Drew Clinic
The Charles Drew Community Health Center is a part of Piedmont Health Services. Health care services are provided on a sliding fee scale and Medicaid, Health Choice, Medicare and most private insurance is accepted.
Contact Charles Drew Clinic:
221 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Burlington NC 27217
Charles Drew Clinic website
Healthy Alamance seeks to improve access to and increase awareness of preventive health services, as well as eliminate health disparities among the disadvantaged.
Four coalitions are working to promote health habits, prevent or manage disease, and improve the availability of information and resources so that people know how to get the help they need. These coalitions and task forces include:
- Smoke-Free Restaurants
- Child Asthma Coalition
- Substance Abuse Task Force
- Chronic Disease Coalition
Healthy Alamance website
Medication Management Clinic
The Alamance Medication Assistance Program (Medication Management Clinic) is a program of Alamance Regional that provides medication access, medication education and medication management to people who have limited financial resources and no prescription insurance coverage.
The organization’s goal is to ensure patients use the simplest, most cost-effective and most appropriate medication regimen. As a result of the program, hospitalization and Emergency Department use has decreased for Medication Management Clinic patients. Since 2001, Medication Management Clinic has served more than 1,500 patients and provided millions of dollars worth of free and reduced cost medications for them.
Contact Medication Management Clinic:
1624 Memorial Drive, Burlington NC 27215
Learn more about Medication Management Clinic services.
Open Door Clinic
The Open Door Clinic serves residents of Alamance County between the ages 18 and 64 who do not have any form of health insurance, Medicare, Medicaid or Veterans Administration benefits.
Healthcare services are free of charge to uninsured patients that fall within the federal poverty index. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (336) 570-9800.