Alamance Regional Medical Center has been recognized many times for its focus on innovation and high quality in hospital operations and healthcare. Some of the honors and awards Alamance Regional has won are:
Most Wired Hospital
For two years in a row, in 2012 and 2013, Alamance Regional received a Most Wired Award for its use of information technology. Alamance Regional was one of only six hospitals in the state to win the designation from American Hospital Association.
American Diabetes Association North Carolina 2009 Provider of the Year
Our Diabetes Education Program and one of the program’s educators, Hilda Cook, received the 2009 Provider of the Year and 2009 Patient Care awards from the North Carolina Chapter of the American Diabetes Association. The Diabetes Education Program, which is part of Alamance Regional LifeStyle Center, provides a range of programs to area residents, including diabetes management, gestational diabetes and the insulin pump program. The programs are designed to help patients better manage diabetes.
Citation of Merit for High-quality Healthcare
Alamance Regional was one of 38 hospitals nationally to be recognized for providing safe, high quality health care. The hospital received a Citation of Merit in the QUEST Award for High-quality Healthcare in 2013. The citation recognizes Alamance Regional for reducing the cost of care, improving patient satisfaction scores, reducing preventable harm events and reducing readmissions.
- Five-star ratings for skilled nursing care Edgewood Place and Heritage Place at the Village of Brookwood earned 5-star ratings across the board in 2012, making it one of just three facilities across the state with an overall 5-star rating, the highest rating possible under the federal nursing home quality rating system.
- Five-star hospital volunteer program Alamance Regional’s hospital volunteer program has been named a five-star program by North Carolina Hospital Volunteers, a statewide group. The award recognizes the depth, breadth and quality of Alamance Regional’s hospital volunteer program.
- International Beta Site for Imaging Technology Alamance Regional is an International Beta Site for Siemens Medical Equipment. This means we’re among the first in the world to offer many imaging technologies, and our staff works with Siemens to improve imaging applications. Our advanced radiology information system and picture archive communication system have made us a world leader in digital imaging.
- North Carolina Prevention Partners Red Apple Award North Carolina Prevention Partners has recognized Alamance Regional as an industry leader in creating a healthy food environment. Alamance Regional is among the first 15 hospitals in North Carolina to receive the Red Apple Award for making healthier food more available, visible and affordable for employees and visitors.
- Recognized for Caring for Aging Population Alamance Regional Medical Center is dedicated to provide quality care to the community’s senior population and is designated as a NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) hospital.